ENGIE EPS, a specialist in microgrids and energy storage at CES 201904/12/2018
ENGIE EPS is a technological division of ENGIE which focuses on energy storage systems and microgrids, enabling the paradigm shift in the global energy system towards renewable sources and decentralized energy production. It enables intermittent renewable sources to be transformed into a stable power source.
- Installed production capacity of 400 MW and 47 MWh of installed storage.
- Systems installed in 23 countries.
- Project backlog of €77.5 M at Q3 2018.
- 98 employees worldwide.
- 150+ publications (50% on IEE).
- 500+ trade secrets (90% in registered form).
- 125 patents and applications.
- 82 MW Microgrid Generation Capacity.
- 77 MWh Energy Storage.
- 57 MW Grid-Support Solutions (including utility scale and behind-themeter solutions).
- October 2018: The Republic of Palau and ENGIE EPS launch ARMONIA - the largest microgrid in the world to pioneer access to affordable and reliable clean energy.
- August 2018: Oversubscription of the €30.3 million capital increase.
- March 2018: EPS is part of the ENGIE Group - a strategic partnership to lead energy transition
- September 2017: EPS signs a contract with Endesa to build a 20 MW electric battery in Spain.