Electro-Active at CES 2019 with NREL and ENGIE04/12/2018
Electro-Active Technologies is a US company specialized in the integration of biology, electrochemistry and engineering. Electro-Active is creating sustainable pathways for clean energy production and agricultural product generation.
Electro-Active proposes three sets of solutions:
- Renewable hydrogen from organic waste (reduce waste, produce clean energy and reduce GHG emissions).
- Distributed and scalable production system to adapt to low to high waste volumes.
- Soil co-products for sustainable agriculture enabling a circular food value chain.
- Potential to generate 26 million metric tons of hydrogen from food waste worldwide.
- Impact on GHG emissions reduction by > 1 Gton/year CO2 eq.
- Microbial Electrolysis technology backed by 4 patents.
- Offshoot from 10+ years of R&D at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- 2-X electrical efficiency for hydrogen production compared to water electrolysis.
- November 2018: Electro-Active Technologies invited to participate at CES in collaboration with ENGIE and NREL.
- September 2018: Electro-Active invited to NREL Innovation showcase.
- August 2018: Electro-Active licenses two patents from UT-Battelle.
- July 2018: Electro-Active Technologies newest member of “Energy Mentor Network”.
- June 2018: Energy I-Corps program participation.