Mulhouse: 6 finalists for an ever-smarter city02/03/2016
Launched in June 2015 during ENGIE Innovation Week, the call for projects in "New services for smart city and citizens" drew responses from 18 startups, mainly from the local ecosystem (in Alsace and Lorraine) whose varied solutions addressed many aspects of the connected city
The selection committee met on February 5th to select 6 finalists, who will now have the opportunity to participate in a marketplace evet in the Bizz & Buzz Festival on March 15th, 2016 at the Mulhouse Technopole to pitch their solutions to the committee.
ENGIE is partner of the Bizz & Buzz Digital Festival, which was recently cited by Le Journal du Net as one of the 10 best digital events in France! During the festival, ENGIE’s Regional Delegation will host an afternoon of "Pitches, Marketplaces & ENGIE Award Ceremonies ".
The 6 finalists in the call for projects will be able to showcase their work during the marketplace alongside other startups. They will then have 6 minutes to pitch their solution and convince the jury.
2 winners will be chosen: one in the "Uses/ Citizens" category and another in the "Technical/ Energy" category.
Results will be announced immediately and the awards ceremony will take place in the presence of Jean Rottner, Mayor of Mulhouse.
The day will end with a presentation from ENGIE on the industry’s digital transformation.
The 6 finalist startups:
- Checkpoints, which aims to engage citizens through connected sports
- Ewattch, which has developed a complete range of sensors (for electricity consumption, gas, water, temperature, CO2 concentration, and humidity) and a hub allowing the data to be sent to any kind of global platform.
- AEMO Automation offers measurement, monitoring and reporting solutions for indoor air quality
- LOCALOPRET, who have imagined a new connected service that enables goods and services to be exchanged locally between various stakeholders (both residents and professionals).
- Greenberry, which develops digital solutions for the smart and connected city
- Kool Today, whose platform aims to provide innovative new applications and services that enhance relationships with citizens
Other startups participating in the marketplace
- SoyHuce: this startup from Normandy analyzes big data to provide answers to problems faced by smart cities of the future.
- COBJECT: a connected smoke detector for homes that uses SigFox technology
- Concertice: a project supported by a team in incubation from ENGIE for optimizing the coordination of road works for local authorities and operators
Read more about the call for projects
Learn more about the Bizz & Buzz Festival
If you wish to attend this event