Call for Projects - Solutions for the Future of Mobility in the UK
By ENGIE UK & Irelandclosure date
OXTO LTD t/a OXTO Energy
Grid Smarter Cities
Safe & the City
If you’re using or developing technology, data or a new business model to solve a mobility challenge in a new or innovative way, ENGIE UK & Plexal want to hear about your solutions.
ENGIE has made green mobility one of its key strategic priorities. This includes the continued development of green mobility infrastructure and associated services (including EV, public transport and gas mobility solutions) around the UK.
As a result, ENGIE and Plexal are looking for solutions that will facilitate the transition to a clean, connected and autonomous mobility future:
- solutions that involve leading edge technology or entirely new modes of transport,
- new business models that provide greater inclusivity and access to clean transport,
- solutions for last mile deliveries including the potential for integration of passenger/freight solutions,
- solutions that can facilitate the more rapid deployment of EV infrastructure.
In summary, if you are a UK company that fits the brief for solving the mobility challenge, ENGIE UK & Ireland would love to hear from you.
Rewards and benefits
Successful candidates will get a chance to discuss their solution with key players in the transport sector. In addition, the winner will have the opportunity to discuss their solution in detail with ENGIE and explore how they can work together. This could include:
- The development of a prototype or pilot
- Technical support
- A place in marketplace events
- A potential business collaboration
- Inclusion in the final ENGIE solution delivered to market
Successful candidates will also receive support from Plexal in developing their solution
Deadline for applications: 31st May 2019, at midnight.
ENGIE UK & Ireland has strong ambitions in the energy revolution, and want to better meet our customers’ changing needs by working with them to provide the services and solutions that will be relevant now and in the future.
Technology is placing us tantalisingly close to a mobility landscape that’s autonomous, connected, electric and shared – where micromobility solutions widen access, new solutions for delivering goods are emerging, data insights improve the customer experience and the environmental and health impacts of travel are minimised.
However, this raises a number of fundamental questions that need to be addressed, namely; what are the cultural, technological, funding, infrastructure and legislative barriers we need to overcome to bring this future closer to reality in the UK and how do we manage the interface with the wider energy system?
With urbanisation and climate change compelling us to act, how can we quicken the pace of change and encourage innovation – while protecting people’s interests?
ENGIE and Plexal are looking for solutions that can help accelerate and facilitate the transition to a clean, connected and autonomous mobility future. On June 12, 2019, ENGIE and Plexal are bringing together thought leaders and experts from across the clean transport sector, to discuss the key challenges and potential solutions to the rapid deployment of new mobility solutions in the UK. As part of this event, we will be inviting up to 5 start-ups or SMEs to present their companies and solutions to a panel of thought leaders. Read more about this event.
Who is this call for projects for?
This call for projects is for established businesses, startups, SME’s and entrepreneurs.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- Preference for a UK company
- Relevance to the topic
- Innovative nature of the subject
- Coherence of the proposed business model
- Feasibility/economic viability
- Development potential
- Maturity of the project/solution
- Energy efficiency
- Ability to launch the project quickly
- Price/quality ratio
- Duration of return on investment
- Ease of implementation
Projects will be selected in two stages:
- Phase 1: A shortlist of projects will be made based on the initial applications and will be invited to an online pre-screening session
- Phase 2: Shortlisted project teams will be invited to give a 5 minute presentation with 5 minutes for Q&A to a panel consisting of key players in the Transport Industry at the Mobility event on 12th June.
Call for Projects timetable
- Launch of the call for projects: 3rd May 2019
- Deadline for application: 31st May 2019
- Selection and announcement of finalists: 3rd - 7th June 2019
- Pitches from finalists to a panel at Mobility Event: 12th June 2019
- Announcement of winners: 12th June 2019
- ENGIE UK & Ireland
- Innovate UK
- Transport for London
- EV Box
- Ford Motors