Innovating to make energy retrofitting available to everyone
By ENGIE Home Performanceclosure date
Residential real estate is one of the most energy-intensive sectors and increasing energy bills are a major concern for French people. Up until September 30th, ENGIE invites you to submit your project(s) that promote energy retrofitting among its customers. The goal is to renovate 400,000 homes a year!
Purpose of the call for projects
To identify innovative projects that help develop energy retrofitting in France and make it accessible to everyone, ENGIE Home Performance is launching a call for projects from start-ups, SMEs and SMIs to enrich its range of service offerings (we are seeking solutions or products that are ready to be implemented or that have already been implemented).
ENGIE Home Performance is enlarging its position in the market for energy retrofits for individual homes in France. Its role is to develop new products that meet customers needs and to provide innovative solutions for them. ENGIE wants to partner with you in developing this market by working with you in your areas of expertise.
If your business is related to:
- Energy retrofitting in France (preliminary or technical studies, building insulation, heating, hot water, ventilation, photovoltaics)
- Connected objects related to controlling energy consumption
- Sales support tools (simulations, business training etc.)
- Customer relations
- Big Data analytics
- Digital development (UX design, mobile, e-commerce, or payment apps etc.)
And have innovative solutions for the following issues:
- Providing innovative services for our customers for their retrofitting projects
- Creating a unique user experience before, during and after retrofitting
- Supporting our sales teams on the ground via support tools
Please feel welcome to participate and submit your application by clicking on "Respond."
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2016 at midnight
Rewards and benefits for selected projects
- Meet and discuss with teams from ENGIE Home Performance to explore a business partnership and revenue model.
- Be integrated into ENGIE’s catalogue of offers if the project is promising
- Be tested under real-life conditions (prospective/current customer communication, installation, feedback, focus groups...)
- Work with ENGIE to develop new offerings
- Get internal visibility within the ENGIE Group and among its partners
Details of the call for projects
The cost of energy is a growing concern for French people, who are increasingly looking for ways to reduce their energy consumption (and thus their bills). To conquer the highly buoyant energy retrofitting market, ENGIE intends to stand out from the competition by providing turnkey solutions to individual customers doing work on their homes. The brand aims to cover the entire value chain, from energy assessments to maintenance, financing and installation.
ENGIE and its network of professionals make a priority of providing the best possible services and support for our customers throughout their energy retrofitting project in order to make it a total success, both today and in the future.
While this is a real market opportunity (with both growing demand and interested prospects), there are a number of obstacles to overcome before getting to the retrofits: customers lack information about the cost of such projects and the kinds of support and funding that exist, don’t understand the techniques involved, need to be reassured etc.
- Relevance to the topic
- Innovative nature of the project
- Solidity of the proposed business model and quality/price ratio
- Feasibility/economic viability
- Project’s capacity to be integrated and developed quickly
- Shortlist of finalists
- Oral presentation of shortlisted projects for the selection committee so that they can get a better understanding of them and to inform the choice of a winner(s)
- Deadline for applications: September 30th 2016
- Finalists pitch for the selection committee: between October 10th and 21st
- Selection and announcement of finalists: October 26th 2016
- Winners announced: early November 2016
Call for projects selection committee:
Representatives from ENGIE Home Performance and the innovation manager from the BtoC business unit
BU sponsor: France BtoC