Innovative solutions for working better in dynamic spaces
By ENGIEclosure date
Never Eat Alone
ENGIE is launching a call for projects to find solutions and tools for rethinking collaborative work, streamlining exchanges, and promoting closer managerial relationships while improving team cohesion and solidarity. It is doing so as part of the redevelopment of its headquarters’ office space at La Défense.
ENGIE wants to invent new interdisciplinary, collaborative and participative ways of working as part of an ongoing project to completely rethink how the Group's headquarters in La Défense are used. Known as "dynamic spaces", the concept should:
- make employees lives easier, and the lives of the people who use and visit the T1 Tower.
- make office space fit to purpose,
- make the most of digital solutions
- help people adopt behaviors that will collectively improve collaboration and performance in a holistic sense, while inducing pride and a sense of belonging among employees.
The innovations we are seeking can be technical, digital or social for any or all of the three areas being covered: space/digital/behaviors.
They must allow us to
- transform office space by considering foremost how it will be used,
- share, take advantage of digital tools,
- promote the behaviors associated with these changes in order to collectively perform and collaborate better. You should propose various ways of assessing how performance and collaboration improve.
Deadline for Responses: May 15, 2017
Rewards and benefits
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a T1 Tower pilot to confirm that their proposal is relevant prior to potentially being implemented and integrated into Novaldi, the performance contract offering currently being developed by the Group (an ENGIE services offering based on contracting on use-based performance).
ENGIE’s transformation project involves inventing new, more collaborative, more participatory ways of working. The Group started a project to redevelop workspaces in the T1 Tower into dynamic, multi-activity spaces. It is being carried out jointly with the employees of the different departments and is divided into three parts:
- Working better together in dynamic spaces: defining and experimenting with new, more collaborative, and more innovative ways of working, taking advantage of the possibilities offered by new spaces;
- Jointly designing new spaces and new uses: moving from “space management” to “use-based” understanding of office space, while respecting a predefined architectural concept;
- Better use of digital tools: creating a digital universe to make employees’ lives easier at work.
- launch experiments based on tangible, existing solutions that can be duplicated if proven to work for us,
- work on the notions of comfort, well-being, even pleasure or happiness at work and their impact on commitment,
- examine the solutions’ impact on efficiency and overall performance and how they change and are evaluated,
- make this project a differentiating factor for the Group, both for employees and as part of the Novaldi service offering.
Eligibility and selection criteria
- Match with the subject
- Maturity of the project/solution
- Ability to be launched rapidly
- Ease of implementation and adoption by users
- Feasibility/economic sustainability
Selection procedure and provisional timetable:
- Deadline for submitting applications: May 15, 2017
- Shortlisting of finalists
- Finalists to pitch to selection committee members so they better understand shortlisted projects and to choose winners: mid-June 2017
- Final with selection and announcement of the winners: end of June 2017