Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology: SWITCH 2021
Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH) is a platform where scientific discoveries and advancements are transformed into disruptive technology applications that will redefine the way we live.
Emerging from a year of huge global disruption, SWITCH 2021 will enable conversations on leveraging innovation to rebuild sustainably across industries and communities, address persistent global challenges, and advance towards a stronger and inclusive future together.
For Access to Livestream content 24 hours a day for 5 days, On-demand playback of content and Online Exhibition 24 hours a day for 5 days
SWITCH Beyond is a conference channel that explores how developments in innovation and emergent technologies can create a more positive and sustainable society for all of us.
If you are a technology enthusiast or need to stay updated on global developments in innovation, join ENGIE Factory Apac at SWITCH and be briefed on the latest developments in: Smart Cities; Mobility; Clean Energy; Sustainability; Maritime; Digital Economy; Blockchain; Health & Wellness; Food & Agriculture Technology; Space Tech; Industry 4.0; Nature Co-design; Emergent Technology, and many more…
Explore how technology can reshape industries beyond the new normal. Get exclusive insights on topics like Smart Cities, Circular Economy, Clean Energy, … Hosted by SGInnovate, ENGIE Factory, and more.
Join a stellar cast of deep tech experts and leaders from across the world as we discuss and highlight how cutting-edge innovation and technology have the potential to transform industries, impact lives, and envision the future.
Why we don’t need more science to solve climate change – how business models are key enablers in sustainability. What prevents individuals and corporates adopting more sustainable practice? It’s the sustainability premium – the additional cost incurred for choosing a sustainable option over a non-sustainable option.
Traditionally, focus has been on reducing the cost of the sustainable option, which in turn delays widespread adoption (for example EVs). This panel lead by ENGIE Factory will explore how innovation in business models, not technology, is able to bring sustainable options to the top of the list now.
• Opening speaker and Moderator: Edwin Cheang, VP Strategic Partnerships, ENGIE Factory Asia-Pacific.
As VP Strategic Partnerships for ENGIE Factory, Edwin leads the Venture Scale programme which partners with startups to test new solutions.
• ENGIE Factory’s Startup Speakers for Panel session:
- Bolong, co-founder of Solar AI Technologies, a data analytics and software startup for rooftop solar projects. Solar AI modernizes the way solar is sold and enables all property owners to get solar with zero upfront costs. Bolong was previously a venture builder, working with startups like Carousell and Homage in their market expansion and product strategy across Southeast Asia. He started out his career as a management consultant at Accenture Strategy focused on digital transformation and go-to-market strategy for Fortune 500 clients. getsolar.ai
- Virginia Brumby Ferreira, co-founder of Place. Virginia is a communications, business development and partnerships specialist with a passion for sustainability, community engagement and customer journey. She has a 20-year track record of leading diverse teams to success in terms of engagement, profitability, fundraising, relationship-building and client loyalty, across 5 continents. Prior to founding Place, she has been a Founder and Director of Survival Chic since 2010. She is currently President of the INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) in Singapore, Board Member of the NAA, an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at INSEAD, and a founding core team member of the Community Impact Challenge. She moonlights as a "professional" emcee and has previously worked in journalism, travel, law, diplomacy, and as a pastry sous-chef (a position from which she was promptly fired). getplace.co
- Asim Qureshi, co-founder of ORkA, a seasoned entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience. With extensive experience building companies in some of the world's biggest markets including China, India, and USA, he is always working on projects that create social impact. Asim is a proven venture founder with many successes, including an IPO, with experience in fields as diverse as e-Commerce, machine learning and artificial intelligence, fintech, big data and with his latest venture in clean tech. ORkA
Limited to first 100 redemptions.
ENGIE Factory is part of ENGIE APAC which is a global energy and services group that focuses on three core activities: low-carbon power generation (mainly based on natural gas and renewable energy), global networks of energy infrastructure and customer solutions (focused on smart cities). Find out more about ENGIE Factory Apac
Abonnez-vous à la Newsletter ENGIE Innovation