Bonjour Idée and OCP launch the “Startup of the Year Africa 2017” award15/11/2016
After two successful editions of the “Startup of the Year” award in France (with 2700 participating startups), Bonjour Idée, the collaborative magazine for startups and OCP Group have teamed up to launch the first African edition of the Startup of the Year competition, “Startup of the Year/Africa 2017” in order to promote the African economic and social development through innovative and efficient startups.
ENGIE is a partner of this event, as well as PwC, Be-Bound, Qwant and 50 other partners.
The “Startup of the Year/Africa - 2017” Awards
This contest is dedicated to African ecosystem, African based startups, startups founded by at least one member of the African diaspora as well as international startups willing to settle in Africa. in order to participate, these startups have to:
- Have legal status (a registration number will be required)
- Headquartered in Africa to be chosen as the “African Startup of the Year” and for “OCP Agritech
- Special Award” (No geographical restrictions for the other awards are required)
- The Startup foundation date has to be from 1 january 2010
Prizes from 2 000 € to 10 000 € will be awarded to the winners of the different awards, as well as communication packages.
- Until 31 December 2016: call for applications and online submissions
- from January 2 to 15, 2017: Public vote to determine the public’s top 100 startups.
- January 26, 2017: Conference and awards ceremony in Casablanca, Morocco.
To apply and get more information: https://startup.info/fr/
Source: Startup Info