Call for Innovations in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies for Mexico
By ENGIE Mexiqueclosure date
The University of Guadalajara through the University Center of Tonala (CUT, Centro Universitario de Tonalá), the Institute of Renewable Energies (Instituto de Energías Renovables) and the ENGIE Company, convoke the students of the University of Guadalajara to the first contest of innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energy ENGIE - UDG 2018.
This call aims to identify proposals and alternatives in energy efficiency and renewable energy projects that address the problem of the current power consumption. Il is focused on proposals and prototypes that will ensure the implementation of such projects, in an innovative way-sustainable development and to contribute to the energy transition.
The projects must be submitted in the following categories:
- Wind Power
- Energy storage
- Advanced materials applied to energy
- Materials from biomass
- Energy monitoring
- Energy control
- Application development (IoT, and artificial intelligence)
- Domotic and immotic
Who is it for?
Undergraduate and graduate students of the University of Guadalajara.
Awards: Award for Innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energies ENGIE-UDG-2018
The awarding has as purpose to support in terms of design, structure and development the winner project of each category into a functional prototype or solution depending on its level of maturity.
Reward will be economic support and training for the winner team from both category of the ENGIE -UDG-2018 Award.
The winner team will receive $5000 USD grant to develop a functional project from its prototype, in addition to 3 months of training in entrepreneurship through the incubator Engie Factory, plus additional technical advice with the ENGIE energy experts.
Deadline for submission : July 10th, 2018
Guidelines of the proposal
It must be an original idea, innovative, high-impact and high-development area, which promotes the use of renewable energy, and/or the efficient use of energy in addition to be economically viable for its further development.
- Teams are allowed, no more of five members.
- These should be conformed by a multidisciplinary team (minimum two programs of study).
- Must be active students of the UDG.
- Attend the briefing by the organization committee.
- Have at least one professor of the UDG for following purpose.
- Originality and Innovation contribution
- Technical and economic viability
- Development areas and methods
- Prototype functionality
- Cost Report
- Proposal presentation
- Launch of the call for projects: May 18, 2018.
- Information meeting: May 24, 2018. (Call explanation and registration)
- Participants and proposals registration: from May 24 to July 10, 2018.: A document in an extensive format with the guidelines indicated by the organizing committee must be submitted.
- Project preselection: Pre-technical evaluation and business model analysis by the jury and experts.
- First preselection result: 10 projects maximum by the end of July
- Prototype and solution presentation: from September 26 to 28.: Each team will have 20 minutes to present their proposal, this presentation will be made in front of the jury which shall have the responsibility to select the winning proposal. each team must submit information on Explanation of functionality, Technical and commercial feasibility, Business plan
- Awards: October 3, 2018.