Call for Projects – Recovery of Heat from Wastewater/ Sewage
By ENGIE UKclosure date
SUEZ Eau France
IWWS UK Ltd
ENGIE UK & Ireland is looking to identify innovative projects and solutions for Recovery of Heat from Wastewater / Sewage
ENGIE wants to identify innovative solutions which will enable the recovery of heat from Wastewater and/or sewage systems for use in domestic and commercial properties, either at source or downstream in the disposal network.
The goal is to:
- Reduce energy bills for consumers
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Improve thermal efficiency and comfort
- Create innovative integrated energy system
Deadline for applications 2nd April, 2018 at midnight.
Rewards and benefits:
Successful applicants will be given an opportunity to participate in a unique, innovative project that ties in closely with operational needs. To do this they will get personalized support from ENGIE UK & Ireland. The package may also include:
- The development of a prototype or pilot
- Technical support
- A potential business collaboration
An average home uses 87% of its total energy consumption in space and hot water heating. For businesses we see an average of 29% and 34% of energy consumption in lighting and heating/hot water respectively, with the remaining 37% of consumption through office equipment, ventilation, cooling and other uses. ENGIE UK & Ireland are keen to understand how energy can be used and ‘re-used’ to help make this consumption more efficient.
We are seeking innovative and proven tools and solutions with the following features:
- Ability to be integrated into existing and new projects that deliver heat recovery from Wastewater and/or Sewage.
- For use in a domestic or commercial setting.
- At technology readiness level 7 or above.
- Ability to integrate with other energy sources / controls to deliver integrated space and hot water solutions.
- Innovative nature of the solution
- Technology Readiness Level 7 or above
- Maturity of project/solution
- Coherence of the proposed business model
- Feasibility/ economic viability
- Ability to launch project quickly/Ease of implementation
- Return on investment period.
- February 16th, 2018: Launch of the call for projects
- April 2nd, 2018: Deadline for application
- April 6th, 2018: a shortlist of 6 projects will be made based on the initial applications
- April 11th, 2018: shortlisted project teams will be invited to give a 20-minute presentation to the selection panel at the ENGIE Offices, Leeds
- April 18th, 2018: Announcement of winners
Why are we launching this call for projects?
Because we want to better meet our customers’ changing needs by working with them to provide the services and solutions that will be relevant now and in the future.
We have identified the cost / efficiency of space and water heating as a major concern for the cities and communities we serve. ENGIE wants to develop innovative solutions that benefit everyone.
ENGIE is committed to responsible growth of its businesses (power, natural gas and energy services) in response to the central challenges of the energy transition towards a low-carbon economy: providing access to sustainably generated energy, combating climate change, reducing its effect and making responsible use of natural resources. The Group is developing high-performance, innovative solutions for personal customers, urban authorities and companies by applying its expertise in four key sectors: renewables, energy efficiency, liquefied natural gas and digital technologies.