Call for solutions for the surveillance of sensitive sites
By Storengy & ENGIE Cofelyclosure date
The goal of this call for projects is to identify and then test innovative solutions for surveillance and/or security rounds for sensitive gas storage sites. These solutions should be managed by a technician remainig in the main building.
STORENGY operates several underground natural gas storage sites in France, making it possible for energy to be delivered to consumers throughout the winter. During the coldest periods, more than 50% of gas used can come from storage facilities. ENGIE Cofely is in charge of maintaining and providing surveillance for these sites.
The underground natural gas storage sites are extensive. Security rounds are currently conducted by a guard.
The goal of this call for projects is to identify and then test innovative solutions for surveillance and/or security rounds for sensitive gas storage sites and which can be managed by a technician who will remain in the main building.
These solutions should contribute to:
- Improve the quality of surveillance (more precise checks at higher frequencies, etc.)
- Reduce the risks of accidents for the security guards.
- The solutions can be of various kinds and can combine both physical and immaterial elements: video, automatic recognition, artificial intelligence, drones, etc.
Deadline for responses: 30/08/2019
Rewards and benefits for the selected project(s)
- The selected solution(s) will be tested out on a storage site
- Based on the outcome of the test, it could be applied on all of the sites
- If the test results are positive, the solution(s) will become part of ENGIE Cofely’s catalogue of offers for its clients.
Eligibility and selection criteria
This call for projects is open to any company that can provide a solution (startup, SME, etc.)
The winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Innovative nature
- Ease of use
- Compatibility with rules of implementation in an ICPE industrial site.
Provisional timetable and selection procedure:
- Launch of the call for projects: 10/07/2019
- Deadline for applications: 30/08/2019
- Shortlisting of candidates: 06/09/2019
- Finalists’ pitch: 12/09/2019
- Announcement of the winners: 20/09/2019
- Implementation of the selected project(s) beginning 15/11/2019
The winning projects will be selected by a committee made of three people from STORENGY and four people from ENGIE COFELY
Storengy is the leading operator of underground natural gas storage sites in Europe and fourth largest worldwide.(www.storengy.com/fr/). 21 sites are operational in France, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Storengy puts the highest priority on the safety and security of its employees, the companies that work on its sites, and nearby residents while also respecting the environment, energy efficiency and customer satisfaction.
A willingness to establish constructive relationships with all of its clients and relevant stakeholders is part of its commitment to the principles of the ENGIE Group and its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) policies in particular.
Storengy particularly intends to accelerate its continuous process of improvement in the areas of health, security, the environment, quality and energy performance.
STORENGY in France has an integrated Quality, Health-Security, Environment and Major Risks system built around continuous improvement. The system is based on the ISRS (International Safety Rating System) by Det Norske Veritas. ISRS is one of the main systems worldwide for measuring and demonstrating security, environmental, quality and operational performance.
Also, storage sites are evaluated several times per year by official inspection teams (from the DREAL/DRIEE in France) who inspect the capacity to manage major risks and conformity with the rules of ICPE (Environmental-Grade Equipment).
ENGIE Cofely, which works in various capacities on maintenance and surveillance on Storengy sites, is also developing a safety and security policy aiming for zero accidents.