Decentralized Energy Challenge
By ENGIEclosure date
ENGIE is looking for innovative projects or business models for developing renewable energy generation, for better integrating decentralized energy into the grid and for optimizing decentralized power plants.
Anyone can be an energy producer nowadays, but the challenge we’re facing is how to organize the best possible network that satisfies the requirements of both accommodating renewable energies and keeping electricity available.
The term "distributed generation" or "decentralized generation" refers to the production of electrical energy using small-scale facilities that are most often installed locally, close to where energy will be produced.
The advent of such micro-generation units – wind, solar, biomass, geothermal energy in particular – allows energy consumers to also be producers. So the network and its various stakeholders need adapt while meeting the same overall goal: producing enough to cover consumption needs.
ENGIE is looking for innovative projects or business models for:
- developing renewable energy generation
- better integrating decentralized energy into the grid
- optimizing decentralized power plants (predictive maintenance, production optimization solutions, etc.)
Deadline for applications: 31/03/2017
- Thousands of executives, investors, academics and thought leaders from around the world will meet at Viva Technlology: it will be a unique opportunity to highlight your innovations and give them greater visibility.
- Promote your company among the ENGIE executives who will be involved in selecting the startups who participate
- Participation is free. The ENGIE Group will provide winning projects with exhibit space at its ENERGY Lab at Viva Technology as well as internet access and electricity.
Rewards and benefits if your project is selected:
- A booth in ENGIE’s space at Viva Technology on June 15-17 2017 (45,000 visitors in 2016)
- The opportunity to pitch your project for experts from ENGIE’s operational subsidiaries and/or ENGIE executives
- The possibility of collaborating on operational projects if a business unit accepts your proposal
- The possibility of being contacted by the ENGIE New Ventures investment fund
Eligibility and Selection criteria:
- Innovative nature of the proposed solution
- Time to market
- Environmental bonus
- Ability to present your project as a model/ realization during Viva Technology
- March 31st, 2017: Deadline for submitting applications
- May, 15th, 2017: Announcement of nominees
- June 15-17, 2017: Marketplace and meeting with ENGIE experts during Viva Technology
More about Viva Technology
Viva Technology is a hub for the world's innovators, tech-lovers and pioneers of the future. VivaTech wants to be the place where big companies and startups work together on innovations that can transform businesses. In 2016, the first edition saw 45,000 attendees from around the world, 5,000 startups and 600 speakers.
ENGIE will host a 400 square meter Energy Lab where around 30 startups will be invited to present their projects and pitch their solutions.
ENGIE puts responsible growth at the heart of its businesses (electricity, natural gas, energy services) to address the major challenges of energy transition to a low carbon economy. The Group supports these changes by putting innovation at the heart of its strategy. www.engie.com