Energy efficiency solutions for Morocco
By ENGIE Afriqueclosure date
IDSUD ENERGIES AFRIQUE
STOR-H - AAQIUS
université Ibn Tofail
université Ibn Tofail
If you propose innovative solutions for energy efficiency that can be deployed in Morocco, do not miss this opportunity to present them at the Innovation Forum organized by ENGIE. Share your ideas and new technologies with a panel of energy experts.
ENGIE is looking for innovative projects in the field of energy. A committee of ENGIE experts will select the most interesting projects, and invite them to participate in the event that will take place on June 20, 2019 in Casablanca.
Morocco's energy policy aims to achieve 12% energy savings by 2020. In this context, ENGIE is looking for innovative solutions in one of the following areas:
- Smart Cities: Buildings, Offices, Homes, Commercial and Industries
- Solar pumping
- Connected objects - Digitalization
- Energy efficiency in the industry
- Energy efficiency in the tertiary sector
- Decarbonized solutions
- Decentralized solutions
What's in it for me?
The selected projects will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the Innovation Forum event that will take place during the ENGIE Innovation Week in Casablanca on June 20, 2019.
- Pitch and showcase their project or solution to the ENGIE experts at the MarketPlace held on June 20, 2019.
- Finalist projects will have the opportunity to gain support from ENGIE, adapted to the needs of the project leader, with the possibility of incubation and integration of the winning solution in the new offers of the group, and also to test their prototypes on our facilities with technical support.
Deadline for submissions: June 13, 2019 at midnight
Context of the call for projects:
ENGIE Africa has been working for more than 50 years to meet the growing energy needs of Africa. With more than 3,000 employees, 98% of whom are Africans, ENGIE is a leader in energy services and supplies off grid electricity to more than 2 million people, with an energy capacity of more than 3,000 MW .
Africa's business environment is unique and needs new models and technologies tailored to its specific needs. This is why ENGIE Africa is looking for innovative solutions in the field of energy.
Provisional timetable :
- June 13, 2019: Deadline for submission of applications - Closing of the call for projects.
- June 14, 2019: Analysis and pre-selection by the ENGIE jury with the aim of better understanding the short-listed projects and facilitating the selection of the laureates.
- June 20, 2019: Marketplace of shortlisted candidates in front of the ENGIE jury.
- June 20, 2019: Awards Ceremony and announcement of the winners of the edition.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
Projects will be evaluated according to:
- Relevance to the defined themes;
- Innovative nature of the project;
- Maturity of the project;
- Development potential;
- Feasibility and possibility of project deployment in the short term;
- Implementation of the project in Morocco - Solutions must be based or able to be deployed in Morocco;
- Projects can take a variety of forms, but they must be able to be pitched or exposed.
ENGIE Morocco will select up to 2 of the most innovative projects.