ENGIE BRAZIL INNOVATION AWARD 2019
By ENGIE Brazilclosure date
ENGIE Brasil is organizing the 5th edition of the ENGIE Brasil Innovation Award and is looking for innovative solutions related to Health and Safety at Work.
ENGIE Brasil is organizing the 5th edition of the ENGIE Brasil Innovation Award and is looking for innovative solutions related to the theme “Health and Safety at Work” in the following sectors:
- Power Generation, transmission and distribution
- Gas transmission and distribution
- Implementation/Works of Infrastructure projects;
- Building automation;
- Services performed with electric risks (low or high-voltage).
The projects can be registered in one of the categories below:
- Safety at Work:: Solutions that aim to reduce labor accidents and which guarantee the safety of employees in the workplace.
- Ocupational Health: Solutions that aim at reducing diseases related to labor activities and which improve the health and performance of employees.
Warning: Files submitted for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2019 must be in Portuguese, even if the application form is in English.
Rewards and Benefits
Based on the jury’s ranking, the General Management of ENGIE Brazil will award the winners with:
- Ticket to Paris and accommodation for the project manager (specified in the application) + team member, to participate in the Group international innovation event, the ENGIE Innovation Week, which will take place from June 17th to June 21st 2019.
- Pitch the winning solution during the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Day 2019, which will take place in Rio de Janeiro, on June 6th, in the Museum of Tomorrow. The event will be open to the public and will count with the participation of authorities, entities and companies in a debate panel on how innovation can contribute for Health and Safety at work.
- Test and evaluation of the project aiming a partnership with ENGIE to implement the project in Brazil, based on the proponent interest and the project’s applicability.
Deadline for submissions : May 5th, 2019 at midnight GMT
For whom is this Call for Projects
If you are a company, start-up or entrepreneur with a technological or commercial innovative solution relating to Health and Safety in any of the sectors described above and your solution is based or deployable in Brazil, you can submit your project and participate to the contest:
ENGIE Employees from any subsidiary and employees from the Award supporter entities are not eligible to participate.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Innovative character of the project
- Potential feasibility or feasibility reached (analysis of success factors and potential difficulties);
- Potential for value creation.
- Solutions should be based or deployable in Brazil.
- The documents and information submitted must be in Portuguese
The documents and information submitted must be in Portuguese even if the application form is in English.
Evaluation criteria are applied to projects using a scale that ranges from 0 (minimum) to 4 (maximum). For more details on the evaluation procedure see the attached file on the bottom of the page.
- Deadline for submissions: May 5th, 2019 at midnight GMT
- Disclosure of the winners: May 20
- The winners will be awarded during the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Day 2019, which will take place on June 6th, at 8h30 am at the Museum of Tomorrow, in Rio de Janeiro.
The winning project will be posted on the website https://innovation.engie.com. It is thus essential that the project managers stipulate the level of confidentiality of their projects.
The Grand Jury for the ENGIE Brazil Innovaton Award 2019
For the 2017 edition, the Grand Jury for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2017 will consist of professionals from ENGIE and from the following entities:
- CCI França Brasil (France Brazil Chamber of Commerce)
- CERTI Foundation (Center of Reference for Innovative Technologies)
- Senai (National Service of Industrial Learning)
- Sesi (Social Service of Industry)
- Business France
- MedRio (Company leader in Brazil in preventive medicine)
- AmCham Rio (American Chamber of Commerce of Rio)
Conditions of application and participation
Language: Files submitted for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2019 must be in Portuguese, even if the application form is in English.
The application form must include the responses to the various project evaluation criteria. To be declared admissible and to facilitate the analysis and evaluation of projects, each application form must contain the following items:
- A summary containing 5 items: title and background (300 words), description of the problem to be solved (300 words), key innovative aspect of the project (40 words), description of the innovation (300 words), recorded results (300 words), implementation/feasibility (300 words), description of the team (40 words).
- Additional attachments (no more than five pages) giving a detailed description of the innovation, while describing the project in terms of each of the evaluation criteria. Better scores will be awarded for each criterion if quantified data are provided, in addition to any information that enables verification of such data. Any acronyms and abbreviations must be explained.
- One illustration of the project must be attached. It must not exceed 1 MB. Videos can be sent attached to the file through a link to a website. Uploads of short films will be allowed if attached to the registration form.
Every project will be handled in complete confidentiality by those persons authorised to have visibility of their content, i.e. the members of the Jury. Only the Jury will have access to information relating to data indicated as confidential.
The communication between the Project team and the organizers of the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2019 will be restricted to the Project manager specified in the application.
Acceptance of the rules:
The submission of a file for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2019 implies acceptance of these rules.
ENGIE BRAZIL INNOVATION AWARD 2019 – EVALUATION CRITERIA
Evaluation criteria are applied to projects using a scale that ranges from 0 (minimum) to 4 (maximum).
Please refer to the additional explanation in the table below.
0 = No innovation. Already in the standards and common practice of companies.
1 = Poorly innovating. Already exists, in an identical or similar way
2 = Significant improvement of an existing solution.
3 = New solution
4 = Radical innovation, a first
FEASIBILITY REACHED OR POTENTIAL FEASIBILITY
0 = Concept or business model not convincing
1 = Accurate concept or business model
2 = Prototype – Demonstration of viability
3 = Deployment for a customer or site
4 = Deployment for a number of clients or sites, well advanced compared to the reachable potential
POTENTIAL FOR VALUE CREATION
(Revenue, costs avoided, margin, etc.)
1 = Limited gains
2 = Gains are significant but difficult to quantify
3 = Gains are significant and quantifiable/quantified
4 = Gains are extensive and quantifiable/quantified