Innovative e-health solutions to help prevent the loss of indepen
By Ineo Digital et E&Cclosure date
ENGIE is partnering with Autonom Lab and the Caisse des Dépôts Group to launch a call for projects on "Using e-health solutions to prevent the loss of independence for the elderly and their caregivers".
Purpose of the call for projects:
The purpose of this call for projects is to identify and reward technological and/or service innovations
that lead to improvements in the following areas:
Helping people return home after hospitalization.
- Increasing patient accountability in managing their illness: "empowerment".
- Monitoring chronic conditions at home.
Screening and testing for disease at home.
- Facilitating doctor’s visits at home.
Helping stakeholders/caregivers at home identify fragility in patients.
Helping users appropriate technology and/or services and helping to put these solutions in place
The solutions must involve elderly people or their caregivers and/or healthcare professionals.
The solutions, products, services or service packages may already exist; they may need to be adapted to fit these areas of application, and they may be innovative.
Application closing date: September 11, 2016 (midnight)
Rewards and benefits:
For selected projects, Autonom'lab will provide:
- Assistance to project leaders in jointly building or improving their business models.
- Assistance defining ways to support implementation in a pilot area to readjust if necessary the solution and the deployment plan.
ENGIE will award a "special prize" that includes:
- Commercial support and potentially integration of the solution/service into a specific business offering
Who this call for projects is for:
Project leaders may be individual companies or consortiums (between companies, between companies and research laboratories, or between companies and healthcare professionals/health centers/nursing homes/non-profit associations) in the Aquitaine Limousin Poitou-Charentes region.
Designed by the Caisse des Dépôts’s Department for the Digital Transition, the "@utonomy and Aging Well Throughout the Country" program is led by Autonom'lab, whose members include the New Aquitaine Region, the Regional Health Agency, the French departments of Corrèze, Creuse and Haute-Vienne and the Caisse des Dépôts.
This program aims to help local authorities learn about and implement digital services related to personal independence and aging.
An assessment of local areas’ ability to address the major theme of "e-health for the elderly and helping prevent the loss of independence" led to the identification of several specific issues that could be addressed by technological/digital/service innovations.
Definition of “e-health”
E-health is defined as the use of tools for producing, transmitting, managing and sharing digital information for use in both medical practice and social care.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- The value and innovativeness of the solution/product/service with regard to the issues that have been identified.
- The scientific and technical quality of the solution/product/service.
- The level of technological and scientific maturity of the solution/product/service.
- The technical and economic durability and reproducibility of the solution/product/service.
Particular attention will be paid to offers of services and products that address multiple issues.
Additional criteria for the ENGIE "special prize"
- Composition of the offer (unique solution and/or related services)
- Reasons for wanting to develop the company
- The company should be already created and in commercial development.
A maximum of 6 projects will be shortlisted by a selection committee and experts from ENGIE on the basis of applications submitted to the call for projects.
Shortlisted project leaders will be informed by email and additional information on the project will be requested if needed.
These project leaders will receive assistance in jointly building and solidifying a business model alongside other players in
the ecosystem. The specific kind of assistance will be defined with the beneficiary based on the project’s maturity level.
Shortlisted candidates will make a final presentation & winners will be chosen
The selection committee will attend the presentations and will meet afterwards to determine the final rankings. Up to 3 projects will be declared winners based on the following criteria:
- The project’s quality in terms of openness and the partnerships it involves (e.g. user integration, multi-disciplinarity...).
- The economic viability of the solution/product/service, with a sustainable economic model that does not just rely on subsidies.
Note: The ENGIE Group reserves the right to award no prizes if none of the projects is in line with the Group’s offers.
- Closing date for applications: September 11, 2016 (midnight CET)
- Examination of applications and shortlisting: from 19 to 23 September 2016
- Pitch from shortlisted finalists: mid-November 2016
- Winners announced: late November 2016
Selection Committee and the call for project partners:
Autonom'lab is a Living Lab for health and personal independence that aims to help cultivate projects and innovative solutions for
increasing personal autonomy. As a Living Lab, our mission is to put users at the heart of our research and to predict changes and new needs in health, personal autonomy, and aging and to ensure greater use of innovation.
With hospitals increasingly opening themselves up to the city outside (via outpatient care, postoperative follow-up, home care...), ENGIE wants to help grow innovative solutions in the burgeoning e-health sector and to offer new services for patients, rofessionals and operators.
Additionally, with over with 154,950 employees in over 70 countries, ENGIE is a local presence in many places, with close relationships with local authorities and citizens. ENGIE provides its customers, local governments, health centers and housing communities with a wide range of successful and innovative digital solutions.
Relying in particular on the expertise and know-how of its subsidiaries (ENGIE Cofely & ENGIE Ineo) in the housing and health sectors, ENGIE decided to work with the Living Lab Autonom'lab to launch a joint call for projects in order to facilitate the development of new solutions and services.