Innovative solutions for workspace management in buildings
By ENGIEclosure date
The goal of this call for projects is to identify innovative solutions for the design and use of indoor workspaces (activity management, indoor geolocation, etc.).
Objective of the call for projects
ENGIE is looking to identify innovative projects and solutions for integrated facility management, with the objective of providing new services and/or technologies to complement its existing ones.
The goal is to optimize the costs associated with maintaining built infrastructure, and for this ENGIE is looking for innovative tools and solutions for optimizing the use of space in offices and other workplaces in the following areas:
- Detecting occupants’ working patterns
- Identification of occupants’ needs
- Optimizing spatial planning
- Comfort controls
- Data modeling capabilities
Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2016
Rewards and Benefits
If chosen, the innovative project teams will:
- Get coaching and expert feedback from ENGIE building and facility management experts;
- Have the opportunity to present their innovative solutions to ENGIE entities working on European/worldwide projects and, if promising, get access to a part of ENGIE's customer portfolio
- Potentially be able to test their solution on a large scale at one of the facilities managed by ENGIE
- If the solution is especially promising, it may be directly integrated in ENGIE’s catalogue of offers
- Work with ENGIE to co-develop new offferings
Who this call for projects is for:
This call for project is for startups, innovative SMEs, and entrepreneurs with a product ready for use.
Integrated facility management is shifting more and more from energy and environmental services to overall offerings that enhance the user’s experience of a building: this includes workplace planning, new technologies that help occupants better interact with the building, services based on indoor geolocation…
As a leader in facility management, one of ENGIE’s main principles in is to optimize the costs of customer’s built infrastructure. To this end, ENGIE is looking for innovative tools and solutions for optimizing the use of space in offices and other workplaces. ENGIE is aware that significant amounts of information can be gathered to show how the occupants of commercial and office buildings use the site, and that this data can be used to optimize spatial planning and use..
With this call for projects, ENGIE wants innovative companies to draw our attention to their projects and solutions that involve one or more of the following:
- Detecting patterns in how building occupants work
- Detecting new needs among occupants
- Optimizing spatial planning
- Managing user comfort
- Data modelings
Candidates will have to indicate the market readiness of their solutions, their differentiating aspects and the value to be created for ENGIE and our customers
Eligibility and selection criteria
- Relevance to the topic
- Innovative nature of the subject
- Coherence of the proposed business model
- Feasibility/economic viability
- Development potential
- Maturity of the project/solution
- Energy efficiency
- Ability to launch the project quickly
- Price/quality ratio
- Duration of return on investment
- Ease of implementation
- Launch of the call for projects: June 6th, 2016
- Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2016
- Announcement of finalists: October 4th, 2016
- Pitches from finalists to the members of the selection committee: week October 17th to 24th
- Announcement of winners: end of October 2016
This call for projects is under the sponsorship of:
- The ENGIE BtoB Métier Line: this team is in charge of promoting the best solutions from and/or for all of the entities involved in BtoB within the Group.
- Building Renovation Key Program: in charge of developing new offers in building renovation at the Group level.
- EIFM: in charge of all the Global Integrated Facility Management contracts worldwide.
- Ssinergy: entity that is developing a platform for smart building management.
- The Innovation and New Business team Domain Director
- Members of the selection committee will come from those 5 entities.