Suject of the call for project
As one of the five pillars of the third industrial revolution defined by Jeremy Rifkin, energy efficiency is the ability to minimize energy consumption while offering the same service. It is thus closely linked to the areas of smart buildings, the smart city and mobility.
In addition to saving energy for individuals, businesses and communities, energy efficiency also focuses on reducing the ecological and social costs of energy production and transportation
ENGIE is looking for innovative solutions and business models related to energy efficiency, especially for the B2C market. There are three main subject areas for this challenge:
- Energy efficiency solutions for individuals
- Energy efficiency solutions related to transportation and mobility
- Energy efficiency solutions for cities
Earnings and benefits
Deadline for submissions: February 15th , 2018
Rewards and benefits if your project is selected:
- Space in ENGIE’s area at Viva Technology from May 24th-26th 2018. (60,000 international visitors attended in 2017)
- Visibility for your project among ENGIE experts, business units and managers
- Potential to collaborate on operational projects if your proposal appeals to a business unit
- Potential to be put in touch with the ENGIE New Ventures investment fund
Description of the call for projects
- innovative nature of the proposed solution
- time to market
- environmental bonus
- solution for the B2C market
- ability to show your project as a model or in another form at Viva Technology
- not having been invited to the ENGIE stand at Viva Technology in 2017.
February 15th, 2018: deadline for submitting application
- March 1st: choice of winners
- May 24th-26th, 2018: present at VivaTechnology at the ENGIE Lab booth
Learn more about Viva Technology
VivaTech is the world’s rendezvous for startups and leaders to celebrate innovation. It takes place at Porte de Versailles, Paris on 24–26 May 2018.
From top speakers and exhibitions to open innovation and live experiences, VivaTech is a celebration of today’s innovations and tomorrow’s possibilities for everyone who believes in the power of technology to transform business and society.
More than 68,000 visitors attended the 2017 edition, and this year builds on that success as startups, business leaders, investors, academics, students, and media from around the world descend on Paris for three packed days. The first two days are dedicated to professionals when the third day opens its door to the general public.
ENGIE and innovation
As major industrial player and supplier of public utility services for more than 150 years, ENGIE is convinced that the world of energy is undergoing a profound and lasting transformation. Given this situation, the Group has set itself the goal of becoming the leader of the energy transition in Europe, relying particularly on innovation to do so. This spirit is fundamental to all of the Group’s actions, allowing us to turn good ideas into operational solutions to serve our customers.
The Group has also changed its internal organization to foster entrepreneurial creativity. New tools and processes have been set up to ensure that innovation contributes to the Group's long-term development. We regularly launch calls for projects with startups, who have already submitted nearly 2000 applications!