Suject of the call for project
City centers are increasingly restricting access for highly-polluting vehicles, and air-quality issues more generally are forcing us to find and use new mobility solutions.
ENGIE is looking for different solutions in order to promote a safer and more sustainable mobility, based on alternative fuels responding to an increasing demand for less energy-intensive transport:
- development/ improvement of new resources such as (bio)GNV, GNL or hydrogen are alternatives for professional vehicle fleets.
- Imagine other types of mobility : carpooling, car sharing, autonomous shuttles, etc… in a context of decrease of ownership and development of services
- electric & digital mobility : beyond EV themselves, electric mobility provides new questions like addressing grid Integration of EV charging, enabling EV batteries as a competitive (100%) renewable power system by providing decentralised storage and flexibility capacities, sizing large-scale EV charging infrastructure deployment, deploying new software platform for EV charging and energy management
The ITS (Intelligent Transport System), the big data, the IOT, the large platforms, the IA will be crucial in this new world of mobility
Earnings and benefits
Deadline for applications: 31/03/2017
- Thousands of executives, investors, academics and thought leaders from around the world will meet at Viva Technlology: it will be a unique opportunity to highlight your innovations and give them greater visibility.
- Promote your company among the ENGIE executives who will be involved in selecting the startups who participate
- Participation is free. The ENGIE Group will provide winning projects with exhibit space at its ENERGY Lab at Viva Technology as well as internet access and electricity.
Rewards and benefits if your project is selected:
- A booth in ENGIE’s space at Viva Technology on June 15-17 2017 (45,000 visitors in 2016)
- The opportunity to pitch your project for experts from ENGIE’s operational subsidiaries and/or ENGIE executives
- The possibility of collaborating on operational projects if a business unit accepts your proposal
- The possibility of being contacted by the ENGIE New Ventures investment fund
Eligibility and Selection criteria:
- Innovative nature of the proposed solution
- Time to market
- Environmental bonus
- Ability to present your project as a model/ realization during Viva Technology
Description of the call for projects
- March 31st, 2017: Deadline for submitting applications
- May, 15th, 2017: Announcement of nominees
- June 15-17, 2017: Marketplace and meeting with ENGIE experts during Viva Technology
More about Viva Technology
Viva Technology is a hub for the world's innovators, tech-lovers and pioneers of the future. VivaTech wants to be the place where big companies and startups work together on innovations that can transform businesses. In 2016, the first edition saw 45,000 attendees from around the world, 5,000 startups and 600 speakers.
ENGIE will host a 400 square meter Energy Lab where around 30 startups will be invited to present their projects and pitch their solutions.
ENGIE puts responsible growth at the heart of its businesses (electricity, natural gas, energy services) to address the major challenges of energy transition to a low carbon economy. The Group supports these changes by putting innovation at the heart of its strategy. www.engie.com