ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016
By Brazilclosure date
ENGIE has launched an ambitious programme on innovation worldwide in order to boost entrepreneurial creativity. As part of this initiative, ENGIE Brazil is organizing the 2nd Edition of the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award.
And the winners are:
- Máquina de Gelo Solar – Aurélio Andrade Souza
- Easy Water: One New Easy Handling Physico-Chemical Treatment Unit, with Microbiological Action, Powered by Solar Energy - Ygor Requenha Romano
- Smart Favelas – David Laure
- Soluz Energia – Loic Tachon
- i9Hibrido - Moises Vidal Ribeiro
To consult the Portuguese version click here
If you are a company, start-up or entrepreneur with a technological or commercial innovative solution relating to any of the themes described below and your solution is based in Brazil, you can submit your project and participate to the contest:
- Decentralized Energy
- Green Mobility and Smart City
- Energy Storage
- Smart GridsSocial Inclusion through Access to Energy or Energy Efficiency
ENGIE Employees from any subsidiary and employees from the Award supporter entities are not eligible to participate.
Deadline for submissions: May 15th, 2016 at midnight GMT
Rewards and benefits
Based on the jury’s ranking, the General Management of ENGIE Brazil will award the winners with:
- Inclusion of the Project in the R&D Program from Tractebel Energia *
- Inclusion of the Project in the scheme of ENGIE Brazil New Business Department *
- Ticket to Paris for the project manager (specified in the application) + team member, to participate in the Group international innovation event, the ENGIE Innovation Week, which will take place from June 6th to June 10th 2016 (winners will participate from June 7th on).
- Pitch the winning solution during the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Day 2016, which will take place in Rio de Janeiro, on June 6th. The event will be open to the public and the press and will count with the participation of authorities, entities and companies in a debate panel about the importance of innovation in the world, in Brazil and in the companies.
* Based on the proponent interest and the project’s applicability.
If you have an innovative project relating to any of the following themes, you can submit your project and participate to the contest.
Category 1: Decentralized Energy
Englobes energy generation from a decentralized and sustainable way.
Category 2: Green Mobility and Smart City
For solutions to urban mobility and cities in a sustainable way
Category 3: Energy Storage
For innovative projects dealing with storage of energy generated interruptedly, to be used in periods of demand.
Category 4: Smart Grids
For solutions related to efficiency improvement and the rational and coordinated use of the energy resources in interconnected or isolated electrical systems,
Category 5: Social Inclusion through Access to Energy or Energy Efficiency
For projects that promote social inclusion through the access to energy or energy efficiency
Eligibility & Evaluation Criteria
The evaluation criteria are:
- Innovative character of the project
- Feasibility (analysis of success factors and potential difficulties) or Degree of Implementation
- Potential for value creation (for categories 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Potential of social improvement (number of people reached, improvements shown, etc..) (for category 5)
- Solutions should be based in Brazil
- ENGIE Employees from any subsidiary and employees from the Award supporter entities are not eligible to participate.
Evaluation criteria are applied to projects using a scale that ranges from 0 (minimum) to 4 (maximum). For more details on the evaluation procedure see in the attached file on the bottom of the page or click here.
Deadline for submissions: May 15th, 2016 at midnight GMT
Selection of the finalists: from May 9th to 18th - to be confirmed
The winners will be rewarded during the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Day 2016, on June 6th.
The list of the winners will be posted on this website. It is thus essential that the project managers stipulate the level of confidentiality of their projects.
The Grand Jury for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016
For the 2016 edition, the Grand Jury for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016 will consist of professionals from the following entities:
- Power Research Center (CEPEL)
- CERTI-UFSC Foundation (Center of Reference for Innovative Technologies)
- ENGIE New Business Department
- France=Brazil Chamber of Commerce (CCFB)
- Business France Brasil
- ENGIE Tractebel Energia Innovation Center
- Acende Brasil Institute
- Apex-Brasil (Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency)
The Grand Jury will rank the nominated projects in order of merit in each of the 5 categories.
Conditions of application and participation
Language: Files submitted for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016 must be in Portuguese, even if the application form is in English or French.
The application form must include the responses to the various project evaluation criteria. To be declared admissible and to facilitate the analysis and evaluation of projects, each application form must contain the following items:
- 1. A summary containing 5 items (title, background (300 words), key innovative aspect of the project (40 words), description of the innovation (300 words), recorded results (300 words), implementation/feasibility (300 words).
- 2. Additional attachments (no more than five pages) giving a detailed description of the innovation, while describing the project in terms of each of the evaluation criteria. Better scores will be awarded for each criterion if quantified data are provided, in addition to any information that enables verification of such data. Any acronyms and abbreviations must be explained.
- 3. One illustration of the project must be attached. The illustration of the project must not exceed 1 MB; other attachments must not exceed 5 MB each. Videos can be sent attached to the file through a link to a website. No uploads of films will be allowed.
The competition will use only digital format, so you are requested to fill in the application and upload your documents in the attachment of the application form
Application forms that do not comply with the above requirements will not be accepted and will be immediately returned to the sender. Furthermore, to facilitate the processing of entries, candidates are asked to respect the above submission procedure.
Every project will be handled in complete confidentiality by those persons authorised to have visibility of their content, i.e. the members of the Jury and the Group’s New Business Division. Only the Jury and ENGIE’s New Business Division will have access to information relating to data indicated as confidential.
The communication between the Project team and the organizers of the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016 will be restricted to the Project manager specified in the application.
Acceptance of the rules:
The submission of a file for the ENGIE Brazil Innovation Award 2016 implies acceptance of these rules.
If you want to read this call for project in potuguese, click here or consult the file attached below.
If you wish to participate to ENGIE BRAZIL INNOVATION DAY 2016, register here.
The ENGIE Brazil Innovation Day 2016 aims to promote the diffusion of an innovative culture as well as define innovative strategies and practices developed by companies in the country.
The event will take place on June 6th, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is free and open to the public.